Thursday, May 22, 2014

Living Our Truth


We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. – Joseph Campbell
Sherry talked earlier this week about letting go of what no longer serves us. If you missed the post, you’ll find it here. It’s all too easy to get wrapped in the past, after all, it’s familiar to us, and in that way it’s comforting. We have all been at different stages in our lives where we’ve allowed ourselves to ‘go back’ even if compromise was necessary to restore what we perceived as a safe haven.

I’ve been working through these emotions myself lately. In fact, I heard the above-noted quote for a reason. I needed to hear it. I know where my truth lies. Sadly, it’s not in the direction of what would restore relationships with my family at this point.

Still, past teachings and programming are deeply entrenched in us and can tug on us repeatedly until we finally break free. I’ve found in my journey I’ve had ups and downs, but through it all, I’m getting stronger each and every day, and I’m living my truth, my passion. For that I can have no regrets. 

We cannot let the past define us, we are to exist in each moment, in the NOW, breathing in each precious second of life and cherishing it for what it is. Tomorrow, this NOW will be the past. Deep thought really, isn’t it.

We might also feel at times that our future is in our past, but it's not. Our future lies ahead of us, waiting on us to define it. Shine on, beautiful people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment and contribution.