Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Set the Date and Make a Change

I’m here to testify to the power of setting a date for your goals. I am here to share how I made a request of the universe and how I was rewarded for it.

At the end of last year, my sister, Sherry, and her husband were down for a visit. As you can tell from her posts on this blog, she’s amazing and she has taught me a lot. Anyway, back on point. We watched a video they had brought with Jack Canfield. In it he emphasized how we are capable of anything.  We are, in fact, limitless.  He even demonstrated this by having us do a physical exercise. The result had me blurting out an expletive. We truly are only limited by our mind!

After the video was over, we sat around discussing it and our different goals. My main one at the time was to quit my day job and be an author full-time. My sister told me to pick a date and to write it on a calendar I use. I did. The date? November 1, 2014.

Now, if you’re a follower of Jack Canfield or have read about affirmations, you know a great add-on to any of them is “or something better.”  Well, I got the “or something better.”

On July 15th, I gave notice at my day job. Was I positioned exactly where I wanted to be? No.

You might be wondering why I quit then. The answer is simple, it was time. The universe was telling me. Everywhere I turned there were signs. I knew it in my soul. My Higher Self kept whispering to me until it built into a scream.

On August 29th, my first official day as a full-time author, hubby and I celebrated with a nice, relaxing dinner out. We toasted my readers and to our future, to goals to which we aspire, to visualizations yet to manifest, to gifts we have yet to find out about.

The lesson here people? Follow your bliss, your heart, your soul’s calling. Don’t let anyone, or anything hold you back. Sing the song that only you are meant to sing. When you know what you want, set the date and let it go.

__
CAROLYN ARNOLD is the author of several published novels, including her best-selling Madison Knight series. Her love for writing dates back to her teen years, but it was only in recent years that she was reunited with this love to pursue it with career passion.

Send to Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment and contribution.